Starship Command 2
A downloadable game for Windows
About Starship Command 2
Starship Command 2 is a much-expanded (and currently in alpha) sequel to Starship Command, a persistent-world, massively single-player, real-time tactical starship simulator wrapped in an AI-driven 4X game. Starting with a lowly shuttle, you will trade and battle your way to victory, amassing a gigantic fleet customized to your liking!
What Is Meant by Massively Single-Player?
Massively Single-Player means when you start Starship Command 2 the first time, it will generate a galaxy with thousands of sectors, each with their own planets and economies. Then populate the galaxy with AI-controlled empires that will attempt to conquer every sector. The galaxy persists through every captain you play as. And you can swap between multiple captains and play both sides of a conflict.
The empires will create wars and alliances with other empires, and even break out in civil wars.
But What Do I Do?
Take command of a starship! (or a fleet of starships). Build a fortune by trading commodities, completing missions, collecting taxes from sectors and battle the other empires for glory!
- Hundreds of empires (hand-crafted and computer generated) to play.
- Thousands of sectors to colonize, trade with or attack.
- Automated captain's log generation will note actions taken by you and later save the entire log to a file.
- Persistent galaxy that stays through all captains you play as.
What is Currently Working:
- Galaxy generation - All galaxies are based on moddable JSON files.
- Moddability - In fact, all files are either JSON or PNG, making the game mod-friendly!
- Empire AI - All empires will act & react to other empires, creating a dynamic galaxy that can span thousands of years.
- Economy - Trading commodities between sectors and colonizing sectors.
- Captain's Log - Working, but still needs polishing as more features are added to Starship Command 2.
- Randomly-created ship hulls and components
- Massive real-time, tactical, space battles - Possibly hundreds of ships battling, while balancing power usage, shield sections, weapon and shield frequencies, etc.
- Ship-boarding and capture - Beam aboard enemy ships and capture or sabotage while the battle rages on around you.
- Job boards - Standard jobs, such as take me here, bring this here.
- Space Monsters - A large apocalyptic cigar? A disembodied translucent-colored hand? A giant space amoeba? Space squids? Who knows!
What is Planned:
- More Job boards and scenarios - Scenarios such as moral dilemmas, logic problems, nemesis-battles, space-monsters, empire super-weapons, etc.
- Planet exploration - Beam down to a planet and explore the terrain, people and animals.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Free time is freeing up!Oct 12, 2018
- Beta 08Jun 20, 2018
- Stupid me... test settings left in on the last buildJun 17, 2018
- Just a quick fix for some bugsJun 17, 2018
- Sentient Gas Cloud bent on devouring all life in the galaxy? CHECK! First of the...Jun 16, 2018
- Beta 06.1Jun 02, 2018
- Long time, new build!May 17, 2018
- Beta 04 - December 17th, 2017Dec 18, 2017